Recovery

St. Louis is freezing. Saw the Arch to enter the West, the hordes of older white men in suits attending the Western History Association conference, fatal. Pero, pues da gusto estar aquí en Gringolandia. La verdad, Houston raras veces se siente tan bolillo.

Here to present a paper, “’Un mexico-texano más’: El sol de Texas y conflictos de nación.” A novel from 1926 about two Mexican immigrant families laboring and living in Tejas by Conrado Espinosa. To be republished next year by Arte Público Press with an introduction based on this paper. Should write more, more will come later, next year when the book is published.

3 comentarios:

sylvíssima dijo...

When I lived in Peoria, Illinois (yes yo viví ahí for a year) i had the opportunity to turistear in St. Louis, what i remember the most (besides the damn elevador del arch) is a nice place called the noséqué station (union station maybe?) old building turned into mall.

You didn't find otra fiancee por ahí, DID YOU???

besitos

John Pluecker dijo...

Sí me acuerdo que me dijiste que ahí vivías. Por eso, saliste medio agringada…chiste. Bueno. Y por casualidad, la conferencia estuvo en el mismisimo Union Station. Y sí es medio bonito. A mi me gustó más el techo, que es lo mismo de adentro y “afuera”. Bueno, ya me voy, la ciudad se está inundando aquí en Houston. Hay que huir.

John Pluecker dijo...

O, y claro que no me topé con nadie con quién me voy a casar. Las gringas no me atraen tanto como...