Five Best Gay Books

The Good Men Project has a whole slew of queer authors naming their own five best gay books of all time. I'm not going to read all of the authors' best books, but I was into Eileen Myles' list:

The Hotel Wentley Poems by John Wieners
La Batarde by Violette Leduc
Wrong by Dennis Cooper
Lesbian Nation: The Feminist Solution by Jill Johnston
Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg

Seem worth checking out. And Sarah Schulman's:

Koolaids: The Art of War by Rabih Alameddine
“The Transformation of Silence Into Language and Action” from Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches by Audre Lorde
Aquamarine by Carol Anshaw
Funeral Rites by Jean Genet
The Ballad of the Sad Café by Carson McCullers

Koolaids is one of my favorite books ever. I was happy to see I had read all of Rigoberto Gónzalez's books:

Another Country by James Baldwin
The Rain God by Arturo Islas
My Tender Matador by Pedro Lemebel
Eminent Maricones: Arenas, Lorca, Puig, and Me by Jaime Manrique
City of Night by John Rechy

Sometimes I feel like I am not well-read. I think I'm just well-read in certain traditions (like anyone else, one has to focus or narrow down somehow). Now back to reading.

No hay comentarios.: